Sunday, March 18, 2012

1 Samuel 9

Thorough searching for donkeys. Dedication to the task.

“Come, let us return, lest my father cease caring about the donkeys and become worried about us.” Concern for his father and what is important to him.

“Well said; come, let us go.” Received wise counsel, humbly and graciously.

“Please tell me, where is the seer’s house?” Well-mannered.

Lord, I thank You that You do not look only at the handsome and tall people; but that You preferably esteem the inward qualities and consider the fruit of the person as beautiful. Saul was a package the people would be attracted to; but he was more than the trapping of the wrapping.

Samuel said to Saul, “Tell the servant to go on ahead of us.” And he went on. “But you stand here awhile, that I may announce to you the word of God.”

Thank You Lord that Your words are personal and private for each of us. You do not deal in generic-icities. And thank You for a Pastor who teaches Your truths and how to hear You. You have blessed me greatly in this day. I praise You.

No comments:

Post a Comment