Friday, March 16, 2012

1 Samuel 7

“If you return to the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the (lesser) gods … from among you, and prepare your hearts for the Lord, and serve Him only; and He will deliver you from the hand of the (enemy).”

First, return all your heart to the Lord -from wherever, whomever and whatever I have enamored myself with. Repent. I confess. All of it.

Put away anything which you allowed to be your god – GET.RID.OF. anything which commands me or demands me or deceives me, anything I choose to let move, influence or romance me in a way only God should.

Prepare your heart for the Lord – Take the time to be before the Lord. Not a drive-thru experience. Nor is this a purely passive endeavor, I must choose to participate in and pursue the purity and holiness my precious God has provided me. Teach me pursuit of the holy, my Rabbi.

Serve Him only – Is my first goal God? Is it the overwhelming passion and point of every moment that I, with the wholeness of my being and self, bring Him glory through my obedience in every reflection, remark, reaction, relationship, result and redo of my life and strength? Make it so.

The Lord’s deliverance will come. I praise You and expect You, my Lord and my God, my very great Messiah. You have come and You will come again. And You continue to deliver in all the meantimes in between.

God, I am so grateful for the choices You have allowed me to partake of – that You have given me relationship with You. Holy Spirit, please help me to respond rightly all the days of my life. Help me to really believe and live out of the truth that this life is gossamer dreams relative to the sacrosanct spiritual realm. Grant me vision for the eternal and a heart to engage therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment