Monday, March 5, 2012

Judges 21

In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes. 

And each event gets crazier and crazier. Sin kills. Sin destroys. Sin is ravenous and without satiety.

Thank You Lord God for Your leadership and for Your divine provision of leadership over me. I can see why the folks would clamor for a king as this insanity had to be a scary thing for the mere mortals who desired to live regular lives. There is no mention of anyone being raised up in the spirit of Moses or Joshua … There just doesn’t seem to be any accountability for those nameless/faceless folks making the choices for the tribes and nation. It’s like they just made it up as they went. Holy Spirit, help me to yield and honor those You have put in place over me. May I not complain, rather inspire me with Your vision that I may be part of the solution. Where I entertain sin or welcome arrogance, please remind me of the waste of the young woman’s life and death that I may rethink (with Your pure and holy truth) my affiliation with such deadly folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment