Sunday, March 11, 2012

1 Samuel 2

Samuel grew before the LORD, in stature and in favor with the LORD and men, while Eli’s sons were corrupt and God desired to kill them.

Wow, LORD God, Eli’s track record was not good. His sons’ reputations must have been something Hannah knew about – and yet her son remained in the care of the Father of these reprobates. I wonder if they were part of what informed her praise/prayer from earlier in the story. Nonetheless, God, I praise You for Your excellent care of Samuel, Your protection, provision and perfect perception of him. Only by Your grace and power did he grow up in You and not become like Eli’s boys. I am blessed and encouraged that You can grow my kids up and other children, too, despite the flawed parents and influences they have. Thank You. You are not thwarted by the muckery of the miserable mortals who fail to love You with their whole hearts. Again, You are my hope. I praise Your precious Name. Please help me to cooperate with You and I pray that my children and theirs – and continuing until the end of time – would always heed the voice of You, Heavenly Father and God…the first time. God, I seek that all of those in my family, either by blood or by affection, would delight themselves in You and Your sufficient Word.

Then a man of God came to Eli and said to him, “Thus says the Lord….”

God, this is important. Eli knew the standard; You made sure there was no doubt about the consequences. You are so very consistent and detailed. Thank You that You change not. Holy Spirit, please soften my heart that I would be more praise-oriented and grateful to fulness of Your circumference of holiness. No one is holy like the Lord, my God and my Establisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment