Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ruth 3

“My daughter, shall I not seek security for you, that it may be well with you? …” … And she (Ruth) said to her, “All that you say to me I will do.” … (And Boaz said,) “I will do for you all that you request, for all the people of my town know that you are a virtuous woman.” … Then he said, “Do not let it be known that the woman came to the threshing floor.”

Christ Jesus, these words just roll around in my head today … the seeking of security, the complete obedience, the granting of the request, the known quality of virtue, the entering in of a place denied. I see Your life in these; Your complete obedience granted the request to provide security for the souls of others, Your choices and virtue allowed this salvation to come. I praise You. You went where none of us should or could have gone. I praise You that Your coming and saving is not a secret, though. Holy Spirit, help me to live in full and grateful response to all that my Messiah has done for me – my (lack of) security, my (lack of) virtue, my (lack of) qualifications, my (lack of) access. May I praise You with my life and bring others with me to the threshing floor, that they may also respond to Your perfect provision.

… and she (Ruth) came softly …Then Naomi said, “Sit still, my daughter, until you know how the matter will turn out ….

Oh my God, please let my manner be to come softly and sit still before You, content to wait on You and Your excellent answers and timing. Forgive my arrogance for storming in as if You owed me anything. I thank You, though, for the boldness You have allowed me; but may I never forget that You are my King, You are my Holy Father, You are the Sovereign of the Universe. I am Yours and You are mine; but You are still over all! Blow my mind with these truths today, again and again and always. You alone are Worthy, Willing and Wise. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment