Saturday, March 10, 2012

1 Samuel 1

I never noticed before that Eli didn’t know the nature of Hannah’s request. Only God and Hannah shared that information. I am even more impressed by her faith and faithfulness on her return trip to Shiloh as it seems like a trip to Mt. Moriah for a momma.

But God had plans for this boy and those plans required his full service to the Lord. By allowing Hannah to wait, she was inspired to pledge him to God and the young man was born at the time God had predetermined. This little guy would become quite influential in his life, by God’s plan.

Hannah probably thought this was her situation. Her need. Her answer to prayer. And it was. But it was also the Sovereign King of the Universe’s supply for the next generation and each subsequent generation who would call on the Lord or encounter His people. Lord, teach me to pray for the concerns of my life as well as the coming generations as You invite me to seek Your provision for my life. Increase my scope of vision, Holy Spirit.

Then Elkanah her husband said to her, “… And why is your heart grieved? Am I not better to you than ten sons?” 

My Lord and my God, help me to not focus on what I don’t have, what circumstances I do have, what I wish were different; help me to remember You are better than any situation I could conceive. Please grant me contentment with You, and You alone. And I thank You for all of the grace You give me everyday.

Only let the Lord establish His word. Yes, Lord, in my heart, my life, my mind. Establish and confirm Your glorious Word in and through me, may I be faithful to bear Your Name well.

No comments:

Post a Comment