Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1 Samuel 12

And do not turn aside; for then you would go after empty things which cannot profit or deliver, for they are nothing. That’s truth, thank You Lord. May I never forget. May I never go after. May I always see the emptiness of the world and the fulness of my God.

For the Lord will not forsake His people, for His great name’s sake (cuz no one had anything to do with it. He alone chooses and He chooses rightly), because it has pleased (it is His pleasure not mine that should concern and motivate me) the Lord to make you His people (no one makes God do anything). Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you (my duties do not fade because of the gray on my head); but I will teach you the good and the right way.

There, God, even when it was seemed too late, Sam is still calling them to accountability. Wonder why they didn’t repent of this action before or even now. I am just sick with his words to them. Why didn’t they beg him to unking Saul. Perhaps, they thought they got their king and kept their God happy, too, with their promises… Oh, compromise. Haven’t they noticed they are not good promise-keepers? Lord, grant me vision to see when I am trying to work a situation that I might have my king and my KING, too. I know there are no dual-reigns when it comes to You. May I constantly choose You to be the only King in my life, no kings-in-waiting, no little princes in the background…Only You. Holy Spirit, make me ill before I reasonable embrace a compromise with You. Make me very ill if I am trying to unreasonably cheat…Let no reason, no logic, thought of self-preservation, no wordly-wise wisdom nor untamed passion, have any ground to set itself up against the knowledge of You, Your great Name or Your word. God, I don’t want to be gullible anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment