Saturday, May 14, 2011

Job 8

How long will you say these things,
         And the words of your mouth be a mighty wind?

Yikes.  What a way to begin comforting a friend.  As he continues he speaks earnestly; but ignorantly.  Bildad speaks as if he has the inside track on what God is doing, how He thinks and operates.  Yet, God bragged on Job, not Billy-boy. 

Two things challenge me in these words. 

How careful am I that my words are not a mighty wind when I open my mouth?

How confident am I that I know God's ways (which are not my ways) better than the one experiencing God's ways? 

Lord, let my words be approved by You before they are spoken of You.  Let me not open my mouth only to  create a dust storm of language.  Help me listen and listen well. 
Proverbs 12:18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."  God, if my words can't heal or help; please keep me quiet.  You are God in Heaven, here am I on earth...let my words be few or shut my mouth, (loosely Ecc. 5:2b).

No comments:

Post a Comment