Saturday, May 7, 2011

Genesis 11

It came about as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.

The descendants of Noah journeyed east and began to build.  Cain journeyed east of Eden and lived. 
What is it about pursuing selfish motives or living under judgment that is precipitated by a journey east?  

The east wind is what burned the withered and thin grains from Pharaoh's dream in Genesis 41.  
A warning comes from the east. 

Solomon was wiser than all the men of the east.  So the east is associated with man's wisdom, man's might, man's folly.

The Only Wise God, please help me to never journey east, to not seek wisdom from the east nor to look for direction from there.  You are God alone and I must pursue and Your wisdom and righteousness.  Let my folly be for You, let my might be at Your discretion, let my choices take me closer to You and not to the east.

No comments:

Post a Comment