Monday, May 30, 2011

Job 23

But He knows the way I take;
When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
My foot has held fast to His path;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.
I have not departed from the command of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
But He is unique and who can turn Him?
And what His soul desires, that He does.
For He performs what is appointed for me,
And many such decrees are with Him.

Job knows his ways, he know God's ways.  Job gets that what God wants, God does.  God has set certain things to be done, made us some appointments and God carries out those appointments.  Job still knows that in all of what God has decreed for him, that he has not "departed from the command of His lips."  What confidence Job has in the height of his grief.


Lord, that I would have a heart as Job's, one that keeps Your way and does not turn aside; despite the ebb and flow of  emotions, life and public opinion.  I thank You for showing me that it was really You on trial in this ordeal and in every trial that a follower of Yours experiences.  I pray that every one of your children, in all place and all times, would have the same confidence and submission to You as Job.  I praise You for You are my Confidence and Salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment