Monday, May 16, 2011

Job 10

I loathe my life;I will give free utterance to my complaint;
   I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.
I will say to God, Do not condemn me;
   let me know why you contend against me.

 Does it seem good to you to oppress,
   to despise the work of your hands
    and favor the designs of the wicked? ...

there is none to deliver out of your hand? ...
Why did you bring me out from the womb?
   Would that I had died before any eye had seen me
 and were as though I had not been,
   carried from the womb to the grave. ...



These are the words of a man who is in God's will.  A stark contradiction to the
"God has a wonderful plan for your life," huh? 

Why am I so reluctant to share this part of the Gospel message?  Look what
the Gospel message did to God's only begotten Son.  Why should it look
different on others?  On me? 

Life can be quite difficult, painful even.  Answers are often elusive, solutions
compromised.  When life trends towards the ugly and hurtful, why am I
inclined to forget the good that has been given me?  The richness and blessing
portioned to my name can be neglected memories when faced with despairing
circumstances.  How does the enemy gain so much ground from this? 

Sovereign Lord, help me to yield no more territory to the enemy's camp
over whether or not my life is comfortable.  I want to choose You in each
opportunity; despite the cost on my heart, mind, soul and strength.  Even when I
am tempted to despair of my life.  Let me remember Your trustworthiness, even
when I want to forget how to think.  Help me to appreciate and embrace Your grace 
in whatever form You choose it to take in my life.  Help me encourage
others in their portion of grace, too.  And if I can't help, let me love well 
in quietness and prayer for their sakes and for the glory of Your Name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment