Monday, May 9, 2011

Job 3

...I cannot eat for sighing;
      my groans pour out like water
  What I always feared has happened to me.
      What I dreaded has come true.
  I have no peace, no quietness.
      I have no rest; only trouble comes.

Oh Lord, my God,  You are Consolation.  Only You can provide comfort and peace that is soul-deep and life-long.   Master Creator, I cry out to You for those suffering from grief, dread, depression, oppression, fear, worthlessness, regret, deception.  You are the Answer to every person's life; but You have a unique and personal response for each one.  I ask You, the Lover of our Souls, for healing and restoration on those afflicted; I ask that You accomplish every purpose You have in store for them as well.  Please, don't let me pray away their blessing - but Lord, have mercy, act quickly, dispel the darkness.  Holy Spirit, please speak to each one's spirit today and flood them with Your solace.  Grant them divine succor from the tender heart of their Savior.  Bathe them in Your hope.  For those that know You, please magnify Yourself within their spirits; console them and hearten them with Your Hope and Love.  For those that don't yet know You, please draw them near to Your mercies that they may respond to You and Your gracious provision to them.  God our Healer, remember those in tears, those bereaved, those with gloominess of soul, those whose sighs pour out of them like water.  Holy Father, bring peace, quiet, rest and Hope today; please be the only voice they heed.   The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.  Oh, LORD, make it so; do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment