Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Job 25

Dominion and awe belong to God

The Lord God is sovereign.  All dominion belongs to Him.   According to the Websters 1828 Dictionary dominion is "power to direct, control, use and dispose of at pleasure; right of possession and use without being accountable; supreme authority; the power of governing and controlling."  All authority begins with God and is His.

Awe is God's.  Awe is a response. My response.  Merriam Webster defines awe as that which is "admirable, amazing, astonishing, wonderment, commanding, inspiring."  Awe combines emotion and enthrallment, feelings and focus.

Sovereignty and my response to God are God's.  No one else.  I am witness to His dominion.  I can only participate in the awe. 

God, please give me eyes to see Your sovereignty, Your dominion in everyday.  Grant me humility and a submissive heart and will that I may honor Your authority and those whose authority You place me under.  Please help me to choose awe in response to You.  You alone are worthy of my emotions, focus and worship.  Keep my eyes on You.  I want them no other place.

No comments:

Post a Comment