Saturday, May 7, 2011

Job 1

There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.
He was blameless, upright, fearing God and he turned away from evil. 

Perhaps his motive was that awed and reverence for the One True God which yielded his action of turning away from and shunning evil.   That turning was the pivot which caused his conduct to be moral and honorable; perpendicular to the ways of the world.  And the result of his uprightness was a blameless man. 


Oh Father God, may I reverence You with fear and trembling, with awe and adoration, with wonder, love and praise.  May that response to You result in my tenacity to rebel against evil and lead me through the true and virtuous life that my legacy would be blameless before You.  May this be true of my family, my brothers and sisters in You and for all generations which we represent - to the praise of Your Very Great Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment