Wednesday, October 31, 2012

2 Kings 4

The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha …
Lord God of the Universe, Who keeps the planets spinning and the stars shining, I thank You that You don’t vaguely recollect me, that You don’t quite know if we’ve met, that You aren’t sure where You’ve seen me before; I thank You that You know me, You know my name, You have sought me out and lift up my face when it is downcast. You are the One Who sees me, You called me out of darkness, You planned for me and kept to Your plan – even as I cost You so dearly. You know my name. I praise You today for that precious thought.

Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? …”
Precious Father, In light of all that You have done for me, how You esteem me and what You have paid for me – may this be my attitude to the Kingdom and the world, rather than “what do you want?” Please help me not grow weary of doing good. To the praise of Your very great and priceless Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment