Wednesday, October 10, 2012

1 Kings 5

for Hiram always loved David. … Hiram heard the words of Solomon, he rejoiced greatly and said, “Blessed be the Lord this day, who has given to David a wise son to be over this great people.” … And there was peace between Hiram and Solomon.

Lord God, I thank You for the alliances of my forefathers, spiritual and physical, which have blessed me. May I be found to be like Hiram, a good friend and one who rejoices greatly at Your blessing and provision for others. May I be generous and supportive when others are doing great things for Your great Name, may I dare to join in Your work by prayer (if only), by sharing what You have blessed me with and by hospitality to those visiting. ..or any other way You direct. Your work shall be done, may we be faithful stewards of what You entrust to us. Thank You for the example of Hiram.

No comments:

Post a Comment