Monday, October 8, 2012

1 Kings 3

Solomon loved the Lord… may You say this of me, my Lord and my God. 

And Solomon awoke, and behold, it was a dream. … the wisdom of God was in him to do justice.
Lord, Solomon had to have faith that what You imparted to him in his dream was real, to implement that which You had given him. He worshiped in response to realizing it was a dream – no, he worshiped You in spite of the fact that he recognized that was a dream – it doesn’t say that he knew it was a dream from God….so, it seems regardless of what he thought of the dream, he chose to worship. May I respond to You in worship, no matter what dreams and situations come my way. Faith and recognizing You in everything. Worship is the right response. Also, I imagine there were precedents in dealing with the two mothers’ sad problem. Legal, fleshly, even merely human methods of dealing. But Solomon chose to operate in the wisdom You had given him to do justice. Lord, may our leaders, our communities, our church, I be useful to do justice in Your wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment