Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Kings 8


... so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of the Lord.


Lord, please interrupt my work, my ministry, my service anytime with Your great and glorious Glory.  Your Kingdom is at hand, and I praise You for that!  Thank You that You are among Your servants in their ministry. 


I have surely built You an exalted house, And a place for You to dwell in forever.

So Solomon said; but he had no idea that You would one day dwell in his descendents.  Father, grant me vision for Your plans, heart for Your passions and strength to live in Your will.  Thank You for the joy which comes from You, Your Word and Your Presence. 

You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled it with Your hand.

That's what You do, You speak and Your words are fulfilled by Your hand.  You do what You say.  I praise You for Your faithfulness and unchanging nature.  You are ever good.  Thank You.

hear...and forgive...
I praise You that You hear and Your forgive.  For against You have I sinned.  You are gracious to forgive, loving to atone, omniscient to know.  Thank You again, Faithful God and Savior.  

... when each one knows the plague of his own heart ...
Thank You Holy Spirit that You reveal the plagues of my heart.  Please continue Your sanctifying work, Your gracious renewing and growing of this little life for the Kingdom of God.  Heal and reveal.  

... that He may incline our hearts to Himself ... 
Oh, God, You incline Yourself to us; but that You would incline our hearts to You.  Please do this, do this, do this.  We won't incline towards You unless You first draw us to You.  Only by Your Spirit, only by Your power, only by Your grace.  I thank You.

... that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no other.
 You are Lord and there is no other, whether or not we want to know this, acknowledge this or respond to this.  I am so grateful You have given me the privilege of knowing, acknowledging and responding to Your Lordship.   I praise You that You desire all people of the earth to know You, Lord are God.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment