Monday, October 22, 2012

1 Kings 17

Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying,  “Get away from here ... And it will be that you shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.”

Lord, help me to trust You increasingly when Your instructions are distasteful, weird and/or inconvenient to me.  May I rejoice in You while in the unfamiliar, uncomfortable and the unreal circumstances You grant me.  Holy Spirit, I am not my own, let me graciously remember that fact when You trust me with a shaking of my life's situation.

Then the woman said ..., “Now by this I know ....”

Father, this woman had such opportunity to know prior to her son's sickness; but it was through this season that she came to confidently comprehend.  I praise You for Your inestimable kindness in sending Elijah her way, for providing daily for each of them, and for caring to draw her in to such a viable and personal relationship that You would go to the extremes of risking Your reputation with her by threatening, if not taking the life of her son.  I don't exactly understand her comment about her sin being remembered; but I recognize that was a piece of this event for her, for her healing, for her freeing, for her knowing and experiencing You.  You are so gracious to use what is necessary; but not more than what is needful to accomplish Your divine purpose.  God, she was a sinner, had a sin which she toted around in her mind and maybe her reputation - I am that sinner, too.  Thank You for healing, freeing, and letting me to know and experience You in the dailyness of the life You provide.  You are All-Wise, All-Knowing, All-Powerful, All-Kind, and All-Good.  I praise You for Your provision and grace.  I revel in our relationship.  Thank You, my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment