Thursday, November 1, 2012

2 Kings 5

So Naaman left, taking with him ten talents of silver, six thousand shekels of gold and ten sets of clothing. The letter that he took to the king of Israel read: “With this letter I am sending my servant Naaman to you so that you may cure him of his leprosy.”

Holy Spirit, help me to remember that what You offer has no price, may I authentically bear witness of that truth in my life.  You alone heal, You alone. May I be Your conduit for healing in this dusty life - that others may know and see You as the Healer and the One Who Can't be Bought.

 As soon as the king of Israel read the letter, he tore his robes and said, “Am I God? Can I kill and bring back to life? Why does this fellow send someone to me to be cured of his leprosy? See how he is trying to pick a quarrel with me!”


Lord God, as I seek what You have for me in life, may I not whine and resist that which and whom You bring to me.  May I recognize holy interruptions, divine opportunities and sacred appointments in what seems to be smelly people, prickly situations and tough circumstances.  May I always be mindful and believing actively that this life is not about what I see and smell, touch and dread, feel and fear; but You, Your glory and Your Kingdom purpose.  You died for people.  For eternity sake.  Let that shake the selfish out of my schedule, priorities and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment