Saturday, October 6, 2012

1 Kings 1

Now Adonijah the son of Haggith exalted himself, saying, “I will be king.” ... Then it was told Solomon, “Behold, Adonijah fears King Solomon, for behold, he has laid hold of the horns of the altar, saying, ‘Let King Solomon swear to me first that he will not put his servant to death with the sword.’”

Lord, You said the first shall be last and the last shall be first - and You mean it.  Your plans will not be foiled by my selfish ambitions, vain imaginations and contrived rebellion.  I thank You for Your consistency, constancy and immediacy.  Even when I through the party; Your will will be done.  May I in humility respond to You, my King.  And may I ever be content with where You in wisdom and sovereignty place me, if You choose to place me at all. 

His father had never at any time displeased him by asking, “Why have you done thus and so?”


Lord, please keep me from choosing peace through ignorance rather than risking a confrontation.  Let me never fear displeasing another when You have purposed me for a divinely inspired question or comment.  I thank You for Your grace and strength of Spirit. You alone are worthy of praise and fearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment