Sunday, October 21, 2012

1 Kings 16

… because of the sins which he had committed in doing evil in the sight of the Lord, in walking in the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin which he had committed to make Israel sin....
Now the rest of the acts of … all that he did, and the might that he showed/ the treason he committed, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
… Now Ahab ... did evil in the sight of the Lord, more than all who were before him. And it came to pass, as though it had been a trivial thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam ..., that he …….

Lord, the sins are increasing, each king is doing more evil in the sight of Your holy eyes and leading Your children in sin. Whatever they do they do as a leader of people. These kings do not act as individuals, for they represent and influence people. Evil begats evil. We sense a climax with Ahab as he blows the standard of evil away by pursuing his agenda in marriage. He treats the heinousness of the sins of his predecessors as inconsequential. What must it have taken for Your Word to say that?

God, please help me to have no tolerance for sin in my life and in those around me. Let me offer no quarter for the evils which will pile up until they seem trivial due to their manifold presence. Increase my desire, my passion and my priority for holiness, obedience, and purity. You are King. I am servant. May I steward well that which You entrust to me, who You entrust to me. May my actions and reactions bring You glory, extend Your fame and bless people – especially Your people. You alone are worthy to be glorified. May my life be spent in that sacred pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment