Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Psalm 147

Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting. I am challenged by these words today, help me to praise You my God, may I recognize the goodness, the pleasantness and the appropriateness of praising You. May I choose to praise You rather than considering my own estate, my own thoughts and my own well-being. To You belongs my heart, my mind, my soul, my strength. May they be engaged in Your purposes and for Your glory.

He declares His Word to Jacob, His statutes and rules to Israel. He has not dealt thus with any other nation; they do not know His rules. … but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love. Praise the Lord!   I thank You that You have declared Your Word to Jacob and Your rules to Israel and that they were to share them with others. I thank You and praise You for Your adoptive heart towards those not born of the biological line of Israel. Thank You for allowing others to fear You and hope in Your steadfast love. You gave us that gift and have called us Your Own. Lord, let us remember our continuing debt of love, especially to Israel. Thank You for the privilege of sharing the Name of the Messiah, the love of Your Kingdom and the fellowship of Your family. May You be increasingly glorified in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment