Sunday, October 7, 2012

1 Kings 2

When David’s time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying, “… Be strong, and show yourself a man, and keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, …”

Lord, help me to speak wisdom and truth into my children and the children of my heart before my time to die dawns. Don’t let me be so busy with matters of state, community, education that I fail to impart the truths to be strong and show themselves as mature and godly Spirit-bearers, to heed Your great Word, to walk in response to Your Kingdom ways and purpose. God, don’t let me miss the moments to speak into their lives, don’t let me be deceived into thinking that they will catch by example or by their own schooling the values You have given to me. I have a trust, may I steward well that which You have graciously bestowed on me.
Also, Father, please help me to keep godly accounts that my kids and those I leave behind, (whether my leaving is due to a departure from a job or a change in where I live or when I die – however You move me), that no one is left killing off problems or issues that were mine in Your power and wisdom to solve.

No comments:

Post a Comment