Tuesday, October 9, 2012

1 Kings 4

… Zabud the son of Nathan was priest and king’s friend ….
Zabud, the son of the one faithful, godly counselor to David was friend to the son of David.
Lord, this comforts me so much, that You would care to have friends for Your people, that that title would be significant in Your Word, that relationship would be relevant in the story of Your glory. But again, You identify a friend to the king, (Jonathan to David, Zabud to Solomon). Thank You for showing me Your priority and preference for us. May I be a friend to those around me, may I be a godly and faithful friend and may I raise those entrusted to me to be friends to kings and others as well. Your way is to be praised. You are trustworthy. I thank You for the beautiful friendships You have blessed me with, I thank You that You have made extreme and eternal arrangements for me to be called friend. What a gift. What a responsibility. I praise You for this today.


And people of all nations came to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and from all the kings of the earth, who had heard of his wisdom.
Solomon received wisdom from You, subsequently he was a display of Your glory. People learned of You because of what You had done for him. God, may You be made famous through my little life and the splendid gifts You bestow. May I recognize and comprehend Your splendid gifts, in order to steward well that which You have given me for Your glory’s sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment