Friday, October 19, 2012

1 Kings 14

When your feet enter the city, the child shall die. ... because in him there is found something good toward the Lord God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam.

Lord, the child was rewarded with death because of his heart towards You.  But the death was the gateway to the boy being with His perfectly loving, heavenly Father. You saved him from the catastrophe of what was to come - probably even being executed when the new king shows up.   What a grace You extended to this son of the rebellious, selfish king.  Please continue to open my eyes to Kingdom ways.

Holy Spirit, please help me to live out the truth that how I worship informs and impacts every other part of my life - that my worship will bear fruit in all areas of my life.    Please keep me in Spirit and Truth, not swayed by pop culture, political correctness nor pleasurable preferences, that the harvest may be of righteousness and grace - life bearing, life giving and life sustaining.  For Your praise, Your Kingdom, Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment