Thursday, October 25, 2012

1 Kings 20

Lord, I pray I find my confidence in You.  That I would not easily nor willingly agree to give to the enemy that which You have entrusted to me.  God, please keep me from consenting to a pillaging by the one who hates You.  I am glad to see the elders and the people hindered King Ahab from willfully opening his treasures to his enemy; but God, where do I give assent in a similar fashion, how do I throw away spiritual honors, gifts and jewel, what am I agreeing to that I should not?  And, when I am asked, as the prophet requested a local to strike him, to do a difficult thing, a distasteful thing, a demanding thing, may I seek Your perspective before I refuse.  God, help me to not miss Your invitation, Your call to action or prayer, You.  Don't let my wisdom, experience and culture blind me to what You bestow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment