Saturday, October 27, 2012

1 Kings 22

Now Zedekiah … had made horns of iron for himself; and he said, “Thus says the Lord: ‘With these you shall gore the Syrians until they are destroyed.’”
Holy Spirit, keep me from the arrogance off Zedekiah who made something for himself and pitched it as from you. Let me never be so insecure or hungry for the approval of men or their verdicts on my value that I make something for myself and sell it as from You. God forbid, please!

And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”
Lord, grant me vision and understanding to see that when I feel Your Word has nothing good to say to me that the problem is not with the Word or the messenger; but with the subject. Holy Spirit, make my heart and keep my heart teachable. for Your glory, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment