Thursday, January 26, 2012

Joshua 6

However, Rahab the harlot and her father’s household and all she had, Joshua spared; and she has lived in the midst of Israel to this day…

Rahab, one of the Messiah’s ancestors. Lives in the midst of Israel to this day. Lord, give them eyes to see Who lives in the midst of Israel to this day. Help us be a people who make known Your precious identity to Your chosen people, that they may recognize and receive that You live in their midst to this day.

Father God and LORD of the Host Armies, I would have had so many questions for You, clarifying Your instructions. I praise You for Josh’s grand example of following Your orders and not over-analyzing the length of a long horn blast or what formation should be implemented. He simply ordered what You had commanded. He received Your authority and walked it out. Lord, I desire to do that, too. I want to hear and obey, please help me to trust You in the details rather than question You ad nauseam. Remind me that what You say is sufficient for my obedience. You know when I know enough, encourage me to step up in faith. Even if others don’t follow suit.

And Lord, I know You had Rahab live in the city wall so the men could escape, so she could be spared; but it must have looked funny to all the other Jerichoans to see the wall flattened with her home still intact. Your attention to details is lovely, thank You for Your very specific descriptions of Your story. I am even more enriched by Your style.

<I wonder if Rahab considered how puny the thread was, that maybe it wouldn’t be seen amidst the carnage of war. But, faith – even thread-thin faith is rewarded when it’s hung on the God of Eternity.

And what a picture of the blood flowing down many, many years later which provided ultimate salvation for any who would believe.>

No comments:

Post a Comment