Saturday, January 14, 2012

Deuteronomy 27

You shall build the altar of the LORD your God of uncut stones, and you shall offer on it burnt offerings to the LORD your God; and you shall sacrifice peace offerings and eat there, and rejoice before the LORD your God. You shall write on the stones all the words of this law very distinctly.

Oh God, I hate that we have to be told to rejoice before You.  And without Your Spirit, we would not rejoice well or consistently.  Please, in Your mercy, help us to be a better group of rejoicers before You.  May we pour out the sacrifice of thanksgiving and praise before You.  You also know that if You don't make it distinct and clear, we will quibble and dispute.  We'll probably do that anyway, as we tend to take better care of our comfort than Your Name.  I am sorry.  Please help me to learn and be very careful with Your words that I may make You famous in my life.  You are more than worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment