Friday, January 13, 2012

Deuteronomy 25-26

Judgment, punishment but not degradation.  Lord, I praise You for You grace in the face of the law.  You know what we are capable of and You teach us the higher and more noble way.  May we follow what You say.  May our leaders rule over us in godliness, please. 

This day the LORD your God commands you to do these statutes and rules. You shall therefore be careful to do them with all your heart and with all your soul.

Take care, do them with all my heart,  perform them with all my soul.  God, I desire to be careful in responding to Your voice, to Your Word, to Your Spirit.  Holy Spirit, please help me set my heart, my whole heart on being careful and obeying.  Please teach me to act with all my soul, even as it is yielded to You and compliant with Your great purposes.  Purify my heart and wretch my spirit from my soul that Your Spirit may have His perfect way in and through my life.  And may my heart and soul, in wholeness and entirety, be Yours.  Gladly, contently and unreservedly Yours.  As You, Holy Spirit lead, so shall my spirit, in obedience, go; as my obedient spirit leads, so shall my soul follow, as my obedient soul goes, so shall my flesh follow.  With all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, all my mind and all my spirit.  Carefully.  To the praise of Your very great and worthy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment