Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Deuteronomy 31

Joshua, do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you. … these people will begin to worship foreign gods, the gods of the land where they are going. They will abandon Me (God) and break My covenant that I have made with them.


So in the face of what will be discouraging times and rebellion, Josh is to be encouraged and heartened. The people will abandon God and break their relationship with Him; but He will not fail nor abandon His chosen ones. Nor will He fail Josh.
Lord, help me to honor my commitments to You and others as faithfully as You do. Even with an epic prophetic poem to commemorate that which had not yet occurred, You remain faithful. I thank You for Your steadfastness and Your forbearance. May I engage as You have, may I love as You have. May I bring You glory, as You deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment