Monday, January 16, 2012

Deuteronomy 29-30

A root that produces a bitter poison called idolatry, adultery with a lesser god. lord God, please help my heart, mind, strength and soul be ever-faithful to You alone. Stir in me a passion for only You, that the things of this world may be properly eclipsed.
The secret things belong to the LORD our God; but the things revealed belong to us and our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. … Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you nor is it beyond your reach….no, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and it is in your heart so you may obey it. See I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. …life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life that you and your children may live, that you may love God, hear God and trust and obey God. Make it so, precious Messiah. May I consistently receive Your revelations, faithfully follow Your words, believe and respond to Your knowable, graspable and doable will. May I speak Your words and follow the God-filled heart You have provided in reverent obedience. I choose life, obedience, loving You, hearing You, holding fast to You over anything the world, my flesh or the adversary may offer or suggest. I believe that I can do this, that it is not too difficult for the mere mortal that I am. Keep me from messing that up in unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment