Sunday, January 15, 2012

Deuteronomy 28

because you obey the voice of the LORD your God, all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you

Wow, Lord, Your blessings will come upon me and overtake me.  I'm picturing a tsumani, tall and overpowering - of blessings from Your kind hand - absolutely encompassing me.  And any other who obeys You.  You are relentless.  abundant.  overwhelming.  I thank You and I am so very small.

The LORD will strike you with the boils of Egypt, with tumors, with the scab, and with the itch, from which you cannot be healed.  The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of heart.  And you shall grope at noonday, as a blind man gropes in darkness; you shall not prosper in your ways; you shall be only oppressed and plundered continually, and no one shall save you.

Yikes.  And we see this.  Help me pray rightly and encourage well.  Truth, let it come lovingly and unflinchingly from my lips.

14 verses which detail blessings following obedience.  54 verse elaborate on the cursings which come with disobedience. 


Lord, may I ever follow in obedience after You.  I praise You and am so grateful for where and when I live; but I know that obedience is a measure of devotion to You.  Purify my heart and mind and soul that I may render loving obedience.  To the praise of Your very great Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment