Saturday, January 7, 2012

Deuteronomy 13-14

Serve only the Lord your God and fear him alone.

Father God and High and Only King of the Universe, only serve and only fear You are Your requirements.  It seems so simple; but I somehow allow it to become complicated.  Please keep me from being lazy that I may recognize every thought, word, deed either serves and honors You or it doesn't.  Give me that persistent perspective, passion and priority, lest I rebel quietly, slipping away without a ripple in the pond of life around me.

In this way you will purge the evil from among you.

Teach me to be as vigilant as You desire me to be that I may purge the evil that is around me. And thank You that You have given me Your righteousness.

... set apart as holy to the Lord your God

Thank You, for it is Your holiness that is in and on me.  Help me to steward Your presence and attribute well.

Doing this will teach you always to fear the Lord your God.

Obedience yields reverence and awe.  Grow me up in You, precious Lord that I may fear You alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment