Thursday, January 5, 2012

Deuteronomy 11

You shall therefore keep the whole commandment that I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and take possession of the land that you are going over to possess, and that you may live long in the land that the LORD swore to your fathers to give to them and to their offspring, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Whole commandment requires whole obedience.  The yield is strength, going in, taking possession, living long.  Lord, help me to be about the whole commandment, not partial; that I may render whole obedience.  That I may benefit from the blessing of walking in Your perfect will.

Take care lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them ... You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul ...

Lord, my heart can be deceived and be deceptive.  Keep me true to You so I won't turn away from You.  Any turning means idolatry - even if I don't recognize it.  Oh, my God, I want only You, I wish to serve no other - keep me from being deceived, Holy Spirit.  Help me to layer Your words in my heart and soul that I may more consistently walk in the fulness of Your Spirit.  Only if I lay down my heart and soul, yield them to You, can I be fully available to You, Holy Spirit.  I desire to give You that unhindered access to me, everyday, every opportunity, every thought. 

See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse:  the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God...

It's not complicated.  One choice, blessing or curse - good or evil.  Every choice I make - either for the blessing or for the curse.  God Spirit, make each one glorious in my heart, soul and spirit.  For the blessing.  For the fame of Your Name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment