Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Deuteronomy 19-20

... set aside for yourselves three cities in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess.  Determine the distances involved and divide into three parts the land ... so that a person who kills someone may flee for refuge to one of these cities.


Provision for mercy and do the math.  This is important to establish; but the people should participate in the establishing.  I see God coaching the heart and the ethics while  still drawing the people into the plan.  I thank You Father for Your relentless kindness and terms of relating to one another; especially when great pain and loss are involved. What wisdom You share with us. 


A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Reminds me of Matthew 18:15-20:

 "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you,  you have won your brother.  ... But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED ...  Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.   Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

Two or three establish a matter, two or three confirm a matter, two or more in agreement establish Heaven's work, two or three in His Name touch Heaven and. in turn, are touched by Heaven's Prince.

Additionally, by the testimony, by the mouth, agreeing together and in His Name - this is the path to accomplish Heaven's plan.  Also, an integral part of the victorious life of a Spirit-bearer.   And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.  Rev. 12:11 

Lord, I praise You and I thank You for directing me to be one of two or three.  It's not about one, only You.  And thank You for continuing to emphasize to me that the words matter, the testimony is the key, the accord is the way.  Heaven is accessed, impacted by the spoken word - my spoken word.  Lord, please instruct me in the way of the wise that I may speak words which matter, give true testimony which is overcoming and pursue agreement not acquiescence.  Lord, only You know that which needs to be loosed and bound; please teach me Your priorities and may I be a meticulous and Kingdom-minded student.  

Hear, Tami:  Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not panic or be terrified by them. For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.


May I begin each day with this truth, may I walk in it and decide through it and go to bed with it.  May I bring You glory, LORD my God, for You give the victory.  And faith is the victory.

Then the officers shall add, “Is anyone afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his fellow soldiers will not become disheartened too."


Lord, please help me to remember Who You are rather than who I am not.  I don't want to be afraid or fainthearted when You invite me to join You on the front lines, or even the side-lines.  Make me braver than I am, for through You, I can do all things - strengthen my weaknesses, strengthen my pitiful strength, that You may be glorified through me.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment