Sunday, January 8, 2012

Deuteronomy 15-16

Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say,  ......

Lord, please keep me from all unworthy things, thoughts, imaginations, habits, actions, plans, ...  I want to choose only the worthy things, that which is worthy of Your glorious Name.  And please keep my mouth shut if I am not speaking under Your authority and by Your divine and holy influence.

You shall furnish him liberally out of your flock, out of your threshing floor, and out of your winepress. As the LORD your God has blessed you, you shall give to him.  You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this today. 

Because of my redemption by God, I am to give as He has blessed me.  I can't imagine what that would be; my salvation cost my Lord His own life.  How can I match Your divine gift, Lord?  How can I give as You have blessed me?  Help me to be creative and generous to give in response and accordance to Your blessings. 

... at the place that the LORD your God will choose, to make his name dwell there.

Thank You, LORD my God, that You chose to make Your Name dwell in and on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment