Friday, March 11, 2011

Titus 3 Good Deeds and Pressing Needs

Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.

Good deeds are to meet pressing needs.  Not to just be good acts and ideas.  Spend myself on meeting pressing needs.  Not just feel good about doing a good thing.

God, the Only Wise God, You know which needs must be met -  You know which are requisite, which present a deprivation, where the shortages are...Keep me from doing good just for good's sake...or for my sake.  Give me Your understanding about the necessary versus the luxury; I desire, not the world's take but Your perspective on good works and pressing poverty.  Teach me, Holy Rabbi.   Illuminate me that I will be fruitful for Your purposes and to make You famous.  Otherwise, I will wear myself out and use up valuable resources meant for Your glory.  God, You are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment