Saturday, March 5, 2011

1 Timothy 3

Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:

    He was manifested in the flesh,
   vindicated by the Spirit,

       seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
    believed on in the world,
 
       taken up in glory.

The mystery of our devotion is Christ.  He could have done anything ... in any way He wanted ... and He did.  He was born as a man, not holding tightly to His deity, the Spirit vindicated Him - but is not vindictive.  Angels witnessed Him and internationally He was made known and was (is) believed.  He, in glorious array, went up to Heaven.  This, what we can speak, is the mystery - what we can't truly understand.  Why?  How?  I can't even imagine.

Praise to You, the Only Wise God; Immortal, Eternal, Invisible.  I cannot think of why You would conduct Yourself in this fashion, when You can do anything.  Your ways are not my ways, oh Lord, Your thoughts are not mine.  Hearten me for Your ways, my God, strengthen me for Your pleasure.  And let me love You the way You created me to love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment