Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1 John 3

But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil.

When God created the devil, He knew what was going to be required and did so anyway.  That was the Sovereign and Inerrant Lord's supreme choice.  The best.

When I know something is going to hurt, be costly and unpleasant I flinch in the planning phase.  I do my best to rethink and reroute.  Not my God.

How much do I imitate the creature Satan in desiring things God does not have for me rather than desiring God?

Lord, again I come to You needing to have You make me brave.  I am truly not one who enjoys suffering and discomfort; but You have called me to a bigger life than what I would write.  Help me to have a heart like Yours, one that takes the tough route because it's the right route.  Help me to plan bravely and loyally and to follow through with Your will in the same fashion. You make me strong.  You make me courageous.  Because of You, I am able to do all that You have for me.  Keep asking me these hard questions that I may desire only You, and You alone.  Make it so, King, make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment