Monday, March 21, 2011

1 John 2

20But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. 21I write to you ... because you know it (the truth), and because no lie is of the truth. ... 27But the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it (the anointing) has taught you, abide in Him.  

The anointing from the Holy One, abides in me; yields knowledge, truth and a sufficiency in learning from the anointing.
The anointing teaches abide in Him.

The anointing abides in me that I may abide in Him.  The anointing teaches - note the present, ongoing sense of the verb - me what I need to know and the anointing has taught me to abide in Him.

O, Great and Most Holy Anointing, please teach me how to abide in all ways, in all days in Him.  I need Your instruction about how to do the things You have taught me.  But first, I need to abide always and readily in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Only in this holy relationship can I authentically live without loving the world and overcome.  May I abide in Your Word that I may abide in the will of God.  Keep me from being lured away into acting or believing that somehow I am a chameleon branch grafted onto the True Vine, choosing to appear to bear fruit for God one season and for the world another.  I am Yours and the fruit is of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment