Thursday, March 24, 2011

1 John 5

And this is the victory that has overcome the world— our faith.  Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 

The one who has the victory in overcoming the world is the one who, in faith, believes that Jesus is the Son of God. Overcoming is based on believing.  How actively and persistently do I believe in Jesus?  How does this faith permeate the minutes of my day? 

Lord, let me not falter from this truth.  May this ever be before me in my mind, in my heart and in my life ... that I may walk in victory through each encounter of my day and night.

Little children, keep yourselves from idols (false gods)--[from anything and everything that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from any sort of substitute for Him that would take first place in your life]. Amen (so let it be). 

After all the admonitions to love and promises of eternal life, confidence before the Lord, answered prayers, interceding for others lives, knowing God and being in Him; we, as little children, are told to keep ourselves from anything which would abide in our hearts rather than God. All of the gifts God has for us and the very great promises He makes and keeps (because He is the Covenant Making and Promise Keeping God and can do not less) might possibly distract us - me from allowing Him to abide in my heart and life.

Little girl, daughter of God, keep Your heart open to the Only One who can love and deliver eternal life.  Your confidence before Him will only come from keeping Him on the throne of your heart and life.  Fight for Him to abide unchallenged and unrivaled in your heart.  As He abides in your life and heart and mind, you will thrive in His Kingdom and bring Him glory.  Keep yourself from anything which seeks to usurp your very great King, your precious Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment