Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Colossians 4

Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you].

Can I be gracious, inviting and winsome when I am frustrated, tongue-tied and speechless?  <nope>

How do I prepare for any question so I know how to answer anyone who puts a question to me?  <I can't intellectually possess every answer to every question>

But the charge is to allow my speech to always be gracious and properly salted (with Christ - the Living Word, the Truth, Ever-Present Help) so I may respond with the answer He gives me from His wisdom.  Not that I am to be IBM's Watson; but to graciously interact with another that I may earn the privilege of sharing Christ.


I am considering the distinct possibility of dreading my pharmacy visit, today.  Instead, I choose to dwell on the words of God, to allow His magnificence to flood my senses and to again be overwhelmed by His love and forgiveness of me.  


Father, I thank You for Your words regarding my words.  I need this today, this morning.  I pray for the encounter You have appointed for me today.  Grant me Your grace and seasoning that I may demonstrate Your concern for this one particular person and not my conviction that she is my nemesis...which of course, she's not...she is just being very useful to the true enemy.  God I ask You for this individual's soul...that You, in Your glorious might, would snatch her from the prison camp of the real foe.  Use me for Your glory's sake in her life as You know best.  Grace me up, Lord. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment