Sunday, March 20, 2011

1 John 1

... in him is no darkness at all.  If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

In Him or in darkness, in the Light or in unrighteousness, in Truth or in sin, in fellowship or in deception. His Word is either in me or it's not. Can't be both, or a little of both. Either I am cleansed or I am unrighteous. In the Light or in the dark. Can't walk both lanes, as each one requires all of me...all of you.

 And I cannot help foster any thought in others that they are saved if I understand them to be in darkness.  Fellowship happens when you both have the same invitation - not with party crashers.  Hypochristianity is not Christianity ... it is an either/or proposition.

Lord, let Your Light always identify me - to myself, to others and to the enemy. Thank You for putting me in the Light - allowing me the privilege of walking in the Light. Teach me to fellowship in the Light.  Help me to shine Your Light appropriately and in a readiness born of prayer and preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment