Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Philemon

Onesimus hasn’t been of much use to you in the past, but now he is very useful to both of us.

Onesimus the slave was not very useful as a slave...now he is free in Christ and he is useful to both of us.  


As I walk in the liberty of being a slave to Christ, I can be very useful to Christ and to those with whom He has me in relationship.   Where I choose to resist His plan, I become a rebellious slave, a runaway slave, a slave who is fearful of her Master and one who has trouble with commitment; I am useless to everyone...except the enemy.  


Father, help me embrace that sweet freedom offered by my bondage to Your Son.  Holy Spirit, help me continue in the dying to self that I might live usefully to the praise of the Kingdom and the fame of the King's very great Name.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment