Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Joshua 18

The land lay subdued before them.
Cursed is the ground … There will be thorns and thistles … for dust you are and to dust you will return. (Genesis 3)

These verses came together for me today. Lord, I know this is referencing the physical territory, fields and farming and such; but I am also picturing me, pure human condition, in these words. Cursed is the flesh, humanity; my innate desires, knee-jerk reactions and inclinations will be thorns and thistles to me. (Not discounting the enemy and the world, too); I am naturally gifted at growing the piercing crop of weeds and briars. It’s in my nature. In this natural state, I will return to dust ~ apart from Christ, my work and life will be nothing. But if, by the Spirit, I put to death the deeds of the body that I may glorify Him who saved me, I will live. I just need to have the land (ME) subdued before Him.

Father, I confess I do not always want to have myself subdued. Often I just want what I want, when and how I want it. But I do choose You over that. Please help me in my weak flesh to lay still on the altar of living sacrifice that I may, only by the power and grace of Your Perfect and Holy Spirit, assassinate the deadly deeds of my dust-originated form that I may pursue that abundant life You promise and deliver on. May I recognize, physically, supernaturally, emotionally, cerebrally that everything is a choice and may I choose You. Grant me that enhanced comprehension to have Your scope of vision as it relates to the decisions of my days and nights. and the spiritual gumption to stick with the holy in all ways. Lord, I desire that my flesh would lay subdued before You, everyday and every night, that I might bring You glory. And I praise You that You have removed the boundary lines between Thee and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment