Friday, February 3, 2012

Joshua 14

“… I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. So give me the hill country that the LORD promised me. You will remember that as scouts we found the descendants of Anak living there in great, walled towns. But if the LORD is with me, I will drive them out of the land, just as the LORD said.”

Caleb never agreed with popular opinion, he was ready to take on the giants in the land when he first encountered them, he was not old nor in decline. He, at 85, was strong and battle-ready, even after all the years of waiting and warring; even hungrier for his allotment, the fulfillment of the LORD’s promise. And he desired to go and drive out the Anakim – those that the enemy successfully used to eclipse the favor and faithfulness of the Lord God Almighty amongst Caleb’s peers – that he would possess that prominent land of Hebron. No where have I seen or read of him bemoaning the wait, the wilderness or God’s call on how this thing played out. He has not whined or commented on the fact that he could have been in that land for 45 stinking years. He could have been established, connected, retired. He simply has been Caleb, agreeing with God, believing God and acting on what God says. Holy Spirit, keep me from popular opinion, status quo, trends determined by man. God, I want what You have for me, no matter the time, the wait, the travel, the fight; keep me from caving in to the verdicts of man and the pressure of culture. Your way, not mine. Your thoughts, not mine (or any others). Your fame, not mine. God, be glorified in and through me and my little life. I praise You, Holy One of the Promised Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment