Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Judges 8

exhausted yet pursuing …  If I am never exhausted for Him, what does that say about me?  If I never pursue, how do I ever know His strength and supply - Him?  Oh, Thou who alone is worth pursuing, may I pursue with the same fierceness as one in battle. And may I see You be my Strength and my Renewing.  Help me God to live a life which understands that exhausted (for You) is not mutually exclusive from a life which is in all-out pursuit of You.  And I praise You, God, that You want to be caught!

And Gideon made an ephod of it and put it in his city, in Ophrah. And all Israel whored after it there, and it became a snare to Gideon and to his family. …  God, when You allow me to be a part of the great things You do (and You only do great things!), do not allow a stone of remembrance to You to become my idol – a thing which draws more attention (and adoration) than You. You are the Treasure, You are my Treasure; not any fabulous result from the victory – even though You give great triumphs, liberty and plunder and for those I praise You and thank You. Show me where I have ‘idol-ness’ in my life, my heart and my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment