Sunday, February 5, 2012

Joshua 16

The allotment of the people of Joseph…The people of Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, received their inheritance.

The long lost younger son receives a double portion as the firstborn son would have. I had never caught the subtle double portion blessing that Joseph and his people welcomed in the dispensing of the Promise.

God, You are so creative in Your blessing. I appreciate Your reversing the blessing on even Ephraim and Manasseh through Jacob, way back when, too. And the fact that Jake was a younger who superceded the elder…. Thank You for drawing my attention to the work of Your hand. You are not predictable, You are not limited, You do what You want and it is good. Sometimes curious and other times hard to fathom, but You do as You please. I am amazed. Please continue to show me Your handiwork in Your Word and in my life. Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment